Saturday, August 30, 2008

Golem Maker Emoticons



























As promised, not a gesture drawing. But it is still golem makers. In order is the 3 of Swords, Alice, and the Toymaker. Ya'll can see their gesture drawings again :D
This was kind of a turning point for me. You see, I had been itching to do a comic and at the time this story was just swirling around in my head. I wanted to start by drawing out the LJ emoticons and I was showing this off to Steve, explaining the story as I did so. He told me 'that seems kind of complex, you sure you want to do that for a webcomic?' or it was 'your first comic' or something but it got me thinking. So I threw out a couple of ideas I had for strip comics and he pulled out the one that was about this kid who didn't get into any colleges, no real plans for the future, goes to this party, gets drunk and wakes up as a vampire. Sound familiar >:3
Just a little hint for what's to come. . .

PS. I love how the toymaker came out in this. I know I said earlier that his story is better told through his expressions rather than his body language and when I drew this I came to a startling realization: He's a total asshole! A complete dick! The definition of douche! The reason I was so pleased with this is cause I love the characters who are just straight up jerks, ecspecially if they're creepy. For example: Ichimaru Gin from Bleach, Rorschack from Watchmen, Marquis de Carabas from Neverwhere, Barbas from Charmed (shut up!). I could go on. But I won't. Long post script is long.

No comments: